NEC Phone System setup for Schools
1. Problem – Telephone “rush hour,” limited staff,
Solutions – Auto attendant: The caller can give an automated option to a voicemail, eg. Press 1 to report your child as absent. Voicemail to email are then automatically emailed to relevant departments.
2. Problem – Risk of toll fraud
Solutions: NEC’s InGuard application defends your system 24/7/365. With NEC’s InGuard applications, you can identify attacks and stop them instantly. It also helps prevent internal telephone abuse.
3. Problem – Handling the same telephone inquiries
Solutions – In-queue announcements reduce call handling of frequent inquiries
4. Problem – Unexpected school closures
Solutions: Information messages can be delivered automatically to every caller.
5. Problem – No individual voicemail for teachers
Solutions – NEC’s handset with modules: voicemail boxes for multiple staff with access via Pin Number enables privacy and security for all messages.
6. Problem – Dealing with difficult calls
Solutions – One touch recording – provides receptionist with instant recording during an important call. Voicemail to email – enables recorded phone calls to be forwarded to senior staff/principals. Recording can help resolve disputes instantly.
7. Problem – Need for a school helpline – Bullying at school, Cyber Bullying, Aggressive Behavior, Confusion, Stress, Self-esteem, Depression.
Solutions: The solution was to create a dedicated phone line, e.g., Bullying Helpline. Pupils can call in confidence and, if need be, anonymously. Easy to manage via a voicemail box to arrange a call back at the caller’s convenience.
8. Problem – Staying reachable while mobile
Solutions – NEC mobility solutions – built-in mobility extension, mobile softphone application, IP dect. SOS Key on IP DECT – Alerts all phones around of an EMERGENCY. Handsets can also have a one-touch Panic Key on NEC handsets.
- Call us now for a free consultation. 512.257.1433
Call us now for a free consultations. 512.257.1433
UNIVERGE BLUE CONNECT For Education/School See Video Below